MEMBERSHIP FOR ALL ASSISTANCE
At the Y, strengthening the foundation of our community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. We provide support for families and promote positive change overall through our Annual Campaign. When you give to the Y, you help more people move forward.
How to Apply
In order for us to process your application, you must complete the confidential Financial Assistance Application form. Please bring copies (NO originals) of the following documents to the Membership Services desk to verify your rate:
- Required: Copy of two recent payroll stubs OR copy of unemployment check stubs.
- If Applicable: Verification of any other assistance received, like food stamps, child support, housing assistance.
- If Applicable: Social Security income verification (tax return not required).
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- Bank draft (need official bank documentation)
- Credit card draft
- Annual payment
Program and Child Care Assistance
- The percentage of assistance applied to programs and child care is based on a sliding scale.
- Please ask member services staff for more information.
- If you feel you have a need for more assistance please call the Y for a confidential appointment to discuss further.
Eligibility for financial assistance will be determined by the appropriate staff, based on a thorough review of the application and at times a personal appointment with the applicant. The length of assistance will not exceed twelve months. You will be asked to complete a new form for all renewals. Failure to report any form of income may result in the termination or delay of assistance from the Y. The Manitowoc-Two Rivers YMCA reserves the right to refuse assistance to any applicant. All balances are expected to be paid in full in order to start/renew a membership.