Shoes and shirts must be worn while using the facility.
Sports bras must be covered.
Children under 12 years of age are to be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person age 16 or older.
Children should be supervised in the lobby, hallways, locker rooms or meeting rooms.
Smoking is not permitted in the facility or on YMCA grounds.
Adult fitness programs are open to participants age 14 years and older.
Parking allowed in designated areas only avoiding designated marked fire lanes.
Wet swim clothes should be kept in the locker room and pool areas only.
Food and drink are permitted in designated areas only.
Abusive/foul language and unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated.
No running or bouncing balls in halls or locker rooms.
YMCA members are responsible for their guests and their actions.
Due to liability reasons, the YMCA does not allow skill instruction, coaching, or personal training by anyone other than certified Y staff.
All music needs to be played through earbuds or headphones, portable speakers are not permitted.
- Children under age 18 may join as individuals; however, a parent or legal guardian must sign the membership agreement and waiver.
- Children under the age of 12 must always be under direct supervision of a parent/guardian unless enrolled in a staff supervised program or activity. Child Watch is available for supervision of children 6 months through 8 years old. The parent/guardian must remain in the building.
Health & Wellness
- Ages 16+ may use all fitness equipment, including free weights, without adult supervision.
- Children ages 12-15 may use the Lifestyle Center after completing the Youth Fitness Orientation.
- General Swim
- Members must shower using soap and water prior to entering the pool.
- Staff reserves the right to limit the amount of patrons in the pool at any time.
- During lap swim, patrons must be swimming laps in a north to south movement.
- Whirlpool is for patrons 18 years and older.
- Proper swim attire must be worn at all times and is subject to YMCA attire rules.
- Family/Open Swim
- Any child who cannot stand on the bottom of the pool and is a non-swimmer will need to wear a Coast Guard approved floatation device AND a parent/adult MUST be in the water and stay within arm's reach of the child.
- During family swim, an adult MUST be in the pool at ALL TIMES with children under the age of 15.
- During open swim, an adult MUST be on the pool deck if the child is between the ages of 9-12. For children under 9, a parent must be in the water.
- In order for a child (under 16) or anyone deemed questionable at swimming, must pass a swim test before going into water too deep to stand. A test may be done on each visit. The test includes:
- Swim 1 length of the pool using front crawl, putting face in the water. Eyes and face must be in water while swimming.
- 30 seconds of treading water in deep end.
- Members who are 18+ may use Adult Locker Rooms.
- Community and Special Needs Locker Room may be used by children under age 18, young children with their parents, and individuals with special needs.
Pitz Family Fun Center
The Pitz Family Fun Center is a place where families can enjoy playing and growing together. We have an open space for children to use their imagination and create their own fun or enjoy the tubes and slides! The Pitz Family Fun Center is geared for ages 9 and under with parent/guardian supervision at all times. We ask that members clean up after themselves when finished having fun.
We understand things happen, life changes, and you may need to cancel your membership. It is our policy to require written request with a signature to make ANY changes to a membership. We also require cancellation requests be made prior to the 25th of the month to avoid being charged for the next month's membership dues.
If you need to cancel, please click here to fill out and sign the cancellation form and either bring it into the Y or you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: FILLABLE FORM WILL ONLY WORK FROM A PC OR LAPTOP. YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD/PRINT FROM A MOBILE DEVICE.
Not ready to cancel your membership but know you are going to be gone for a little while? Not able to use your membership because of a vacation or illness? You can put your membership on HOLD!
You can hold your membership for a minimum of 1 month, maximum of 3 months. You can start your hold anytime and it will automatically resume on the 1st of the month you wish to return. We allow members to put their membership on hold one time per calendar year.
Click here to download and fill out our membership hold form. You can either bring it into the Y or you can email to email@example.com. NOTE: FILLABLE FORM WILL ONLY WORK FROM A PC OR LAPTOP. YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD/PRINT FROM A MOBILE DEVICE.
There are many ways that we communicate with our members, including the following:
- Manitowoc-Two Rivers YMCA website
- Manitowoc-Two Rivers YMCA app
- Direct mail
- Facebook and Instagram
- Comment cards
If you have any questions about your membership, please contact the Membership Services Desk.
Convenient Monthly Auto Payments
We offer a convenient monthly payment option from your checking or savings account OR by Visa, MasterCard or Discover card. Please make sure to bring along a voided check or written account verification including the routing number from your bank if choosing this method of payment. As a convenience, auto-paid memberships continue indefinitely until the member cancels the membership IN WRITING and turns in all membership key tags. Cancellation will end the NEXT scheduled auto-payment. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted.
Your first monthly payment, which is pro-rated from the day you join, plus the joining fee is required when joining.
If your membership payment is returned for insufficient funds (NSF), your payment amount must be submitted along with a $30 NSF service fee.
Use of electronic recording devices including, but not limited to, cell phones, cameras and video equipment is not allowed in any YMCA locker room.
Our Locker Room Policy is in accordance with the Wisconsin State Statute which states:
- "Recording device" means a camera, a video recorder, or any other device that may be used to record or transfer images.
- Specifies who may enter and remain in the locker room to interview or seek information from any individual in the locker room.
- Specifies the recording devices that may be used in the locker room and the circumstances under which they may be used.
- Reflects the privacy interests of individuals who use the locker room.
- Specifies that no person may use a cell phone to capture, record, or transfer a representation of a nude or partially nude person in the locker room.
As the leading nonprofit dedicated to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Manitowoc-Two Rivers YMCA is committed to providing programs and services to children and families that are inclusive of individuals with special needs. In addition, the Y is committed to providing staff with clear and consistent guidelines for compliance with federal, state, and local laws, association standards and best practices.
HOW TO APPLY FOR 24/7 ACCESS
Adult Y members ages 19+ may apply for 24/7 Fitness access at the Membership Services desk. This benefit is ONLY for adult members of the Manitowoc-Two Rivers YMCA. Each adult (19+) must have their own separate 24/7 access and must scan in separately. Individuals with a day pass, one-month membership, AWAY members, Nationwide members & other short-term memberships/visiting guests are unable to apply for access. This process typically takes 1-3 days. The cost is $30/person for the FOB plus a $3/month charge along with membership dues.
To utilize our facilities after hours, simply hold your FOB up to the reader located at the Tennis entrance on Maritime Drive. You will hear the door activate and see the reader light turn blue allowing the door to open. The system will automatically re-lock the door after 5 seconds. When entering and exiting the facility, please ensure the door closes behind you. Everyone must use their own fob to gain access. For the safety of our members, please do not hold the door for anyone. This is important as we track who is in the building at all times.
Your fob may not be shared with others (including family), and members are not allowed to grant facility access to anyone else. Doing so is a violation of our policy and will result in you permanently losing your 24-hour access to the YMCA and possible termination of your Y membership.